The Southside Community Center building is open for rentals for birthdays, meetings, sports, and other events.
You can make the deposit of $40 in person, however, before doing so, be sure to Contact Us or give us a call at (607) 734-9245 before making your deposit to ensure the date and time you are requesting is availible. Also be sure to read all of our terms, listed below.
- Building Use: Renters have use of the entire building except for the kitchen. This includes the downstairs gym and lounge and the upstairs main room and art room. Our kitchen area, including all Center supplies and food, is off limits to the general public; only staff members are allowed in the kitchen. There is a refrigerator in the gym area that renters may use. A staff member will be in the building throughout the rental time. Renters may decorate using removable tape that does not mark the walls.
- Rate: The total cost is $40.00 per hour of building use minus the initial $40.00 deposit. You will need to pay for the full time you are in the building. This can include parts of an hour (Example: $20.00 for one-half hour). Payment outside of the deposit will need to be made in cash.
- Building Availiblity: The building is available for rental weekday mornings 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m., weekday evenings after 6:00 p.m., and weekends between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m.
- Supervision: The Renter is also responsible for all supervision of children and adults. There will be a staff member available for assistance and emergency reasons only, not for supervision.
- Cleaning: The Southside Community Center will be cleaned before your event and it must be left clean when you leave. Garbage needs to be put outside in the garbage cans.
- Reservations: The reservation shall be complete when we contact you confirming that the date and time is available. If the date and time is not available and you can not reschedule, we will issue a refund of the deposit.
- No smoking anywhere on SCC property, inside or outside.